Zoho Survey is a popular survey creation tool that helps you create a reliable and actionable survey in minutes. It has all the features required to create a basic survey. You can choose from interesting templates like customer satisfaction surveys, employee engagement surveys, healthcare surveys, education surveys, non-profit organization surveys, and much more.
Any user can easily access a wide range of built in reports and interactive charts while analyzing the survey responses. Further, you can easily integrate your survey with common third party tools like MailChimp and Google Sheets.
However, Zoho Survey comes with certain limitations due to which you need to look for suitable Zoho Survey alternatives for your business. This includes:
- No option for a popup survey to collect feedback from your website visitors.
- Very short free trial period of 7 days.
- No option to know if the respondent has completed the survey or viewed the survey invitation.
- Complex customization options.
This blog gives you an in-depth understanding of the Zoho Survey alternatives.
Why do You Need Zoho Survey Alternatives?
Zoho Survey is an all-in-one tool with versatile question types and in-depth analytics mechanisms. But, certain limitations of Zoho Survey makes it necessary to look for its alternatives.
- Limited Free Trial: Zoho Survey comes with a limited free trial period of 7 days. The time is too less for analyzing and understanding all the features of Zoho Survey. Further, the free trial does not come with all the essential features. For that, you need to upgrade to a paid plan.
- No Option to Create Pop-Up Surveys: Pop-up surveys are important to collect actionable feedback from your website visitors. You get valuable ideas to improve your products, services, customer support, and much more. Zoho Survey does not come with this option of creating pop-up surveys. You need to follow up individually with each visitor to take their feedback.
- Complex Customization and Branding: With Zoho Survey, customization and branding can get very tricky. You do not have the complete freedom to add your own company logo. Also, few users opine that when they try to customize the questions, there are loading issues and they have to start all over again with the questions.
In the next section, let’s understand the ideal specifications that you need to look for in a Zoho Survey alternative.
Specifications to Look For in Zoho Survey Alternatives
Pay close attention to details like free trial, advanced customization and branding features, ability to create pop-up surveys, and more when you check out the best alternatives to Zoho Survey.
- Cost-Effective Plan: Look for a Zoho Survey alternative which provides a longer free trial or which comes with a basic free plan. A free plan has all the sufficient features for a small business like a startup.
- Versatile Customization and Branding Option: Watch out for tools that have wide customization and branding options. Some Zoho Survey alternatives also have the default tool name added to the survey link. It may not cause a major problem, but is good to have your own customized link for better personalization. See to it that you can easily change your logo and place it at prominent locations of your survey.
- PopUp Survey to Collect Website Feedback: Ensure that the alternatives to Zoho Survey have a dedicated popup survey option to collect website feedback. There might be thousands of website visitors who land up on your website everyday. You can easily popup a question relating to your product, service, and website to know their real-time sentiments.
- Timely Notifications: Make sure that the Zoho Survey alternative tool provides you timely email or desktop notifications when someone takes your survey. In this way, it will be much easier for you to follow up with your survey takers.
- Maximum Survey Sharing Options: When you share your survey using maximum channels, you do not miss out on any customers on different platforms. Hence, ensure that the alternatives to Zoho Survey have maximum survey sharing options like email, social media, link sharing, and more.
- Advanced Reporting Mechanism: Make sure that the Zoho Survey competitors you choose offer an in depth survey analysis feature. The ready to use statistics and reports helps you understand survey responses in one glance and make quicker business decisions.
Next section gives you a list of Zoho Survey alternatives for your business.
Best Zoho Survey Alternatives
Survey maker tools like ProProfs Survey Maker, Qualaroo, Qualtrics, Typeform, and more can easily replace Zoho Survey by providing a better performance.
1. ProProfs Survey Maker
ProProfs Survey Maker is one of the best alternatives to Zoho Survey. You can create a survey in minutes by using the 100 000+ customizable survey templates. You can create a completely personalized experience for your target audience by adding logos, scores, polls, and more to the survey.
Key features of ProProfs Survey Maker are:
- Create unlimited surveys with a forever free plan.
- Access survey reports in the form of bar or pie charts using the advanced survey reporting feature.
- Choose from twenty versatile question types like multiple choice questions, level scale, rating scale, and so on.
- Share your survey via email, social media, website, popup, link, and more.
Starts from $19 per month.
Why We Picked It, What is unique about ProProfs Survey Maker?
- Twenty versatile question types
- Covers all major survey templates
- Advanced survey reporting mechanism
- Cost-effective with a forever free plan.
- Reliable customization features like addition of logos, page break, images, colours, font, and more.
Image Source: Qualaroo
Qualaroo is a customer feedback collection software that acts as a reliable alternative to Zoho Survey. As compared to normal surveys, it is ten times more effective. By embedding it on your website you can collect the right information from the right website visitors in real-time.
Key features of Qualaroo are:
- Advanced Qualaroo nudge feature to collect dynamic feedback from your website visitors.
- Integrate with 3rd party tools like google analytics, intercom, slack, salesforce, and so on.
- AI powered sentiment analysis to understand customer sentiments better.
- Use multiple platforms like mobile, apps, websites, and other digital platforms to put forth your surveys.
There are 3 pricing options for Qualaroo:
- Forever free plan
- Essentials plan starting at $0.0008/page view/month
- Premium plan starting at $0.0016/page view/month
Why We Picked It, What is unique about Qualaroo?
- Advanced customer targeting
- More than 10 integration options
- 15 day money back guarantee
- Cost effective plans
- AI powered superior analytics
Image Source: SurveyMonkey
SurveyMonkey is another simple survey maker tool with comprehensive templates. As compared to Zoho Survey, SurveyMonkey has a simple user-interface which makes it easy to customize any complex branching type of questions.
Key features of SurveyMonkey are:
- Access question banks containing hundreds of questions.
- Randomize survey questions and reduce order bias.
- Add logos, images, colour to your survey to suit your brand.
- Feature to edit a live survey.
- Add progress bars and page breaks to your surveys.
- Share surveys usings customized links, QR code, email, social media, website embedding, and more.
SurveyMonkey pricing falls into two categories:
- Basic free plan
- Standard plan starts at $12.41/month
- Advantage plan starts at $27.60/month (annual plan)
- Premium plan starts at $69.01/month (annual plan)
- Team Premier plan at $52.46/user/month starting for 3 users (billed annually)
- Team Premier plan at $52.46/user/month starting for 3 users (billed annually)
- Enterprise plan at custom prices
Bonus Read: SurveyMonkey Alternatives
Why We Picked It, What is unique about SurveyMonkey?
- Simple UI
- Easily edit a live survey
- Cost-effective plan
- Customized URL and QR code for survey sharing
- Option to fill a survey offline
Image Source: Alchemer
Alchemer is a Zoho Survey alternative that is focused on collecting actionable feedback from your target audience and creating an innovative customer experience. With a free trial, you can explore the basic alchemer features before selecting a suitable plan.
Key features of Alchemer are:
- Versatile survey templates ranging from a net promoter score survey to customer satisfaction survey.
- Create a personalized experience in your survey by using the Interesting poll scheduling option.
- In depth survey reports in easy to understand format.
For individuals and small teams:
- Collaborator plan starts at $49/month
- Professional plan starts at $149/month
- Full access plan starts at $249/month
For enterprises and businesses:
- Custom pricing
Why We Picked It, What is unique about Alchemer?
- Easily export your survey to excel using advanced survey reporting option
- Simple user interface
- Attractive scheduled poll feature
Bonus Read: Alchemer Alternatives
Image Source: Qualtrics
Qualtrics is another reliable survey maker tool to replace Zoho Survey. Using this tool, you can easily create surveys for your research, share the surveys using multiple platforms, and analyze the survey responses with beautiful survey reports.
Key features of Qualtrics are:
- Understand your customer loyalty with advanced NPS survey templates.
- Qualtrics IQ makes use of advanced AI capabilities to understand real-time needs of your customers, what customers are talking about your brand, and much more.
- Easily integrate your surveys with Marketo, Adobe, Salesforce, and so on.
- Distribute your surveys using multiple ways like email, web, link, social sharing, and much more.
Qualtrics has 3 pricing options:
- CoreXM Standard starts at $30/month (billed annually)
- CoreXM Advanced available at custom pricing
- CoreXM Professional available at custom pricing
Why We Picked It, What is unique about Qualtrics?
- Flexible user interface
- Presence of sentiment analysis
- Advanced question types
Bonus Read: Best Qualtrics Alternatives
Image Source: SurveyNuts
This Zoho Survey alternative comes with interesting surveys and questionnaires with features like text and picture polls, HTML messages, donut charts, and so on. The best part is that you can also access a free plan and create a maximum of 100 responses per survey.
Key features of SurveyNuts are:
- Interactive survey editor to preview your survey on a real-time basis.
- Choose from attractive theme designs.
- Add engaging features to your text polls, picture polls, quizzes, and more.
- Analyze survey responses with dynamic bar charts, donut charts, filters, cross tabbing, and so on.
- Free plan with a maximum of 100 responses per survey
- Basic plan starts at $17/month
- Pro plan starts at $25/month
- Plus plan starts at $39/month
Why We Picked It, What is unique about SurveyNut?
- Simple UI
- Cost effective plans
- Good preview option to easily get started with your survey
Image Source: SurveyLegend
SurveyLegend is an innovative survey software that lets you create engaging and interactive surveys with ease. This ZohoSurvey alternative comes with a drag and option that makes your survey creation process simpler.
Key features of SurveyLegend are:
- Interesting question types ranging from multiple choice questions, rating scale questions, NPS questions, display logic type questions, and more.
- A simple user interface to create attractive and visually appealing surveys for any business.
- Brand your survey with logos, images, attractive colours, fonts, and more.
- Easily analyze your survey results with artistically presented data.
- Export your data in multiple formats like .excel and .csv format.
SurveyLegend comes with four pricing options:
- Starter forever free plan
- Pro plan starts at $15/month (billed annually)
- Business plan starts at $25/month (billed annually)
- Legendary plan starts at $65/month (billed annually)
Why We Picked It, What is unique about SurveyLegend?
- Visually appealing interface
- Artistic representation of survey result that is convenient to analyze
- Cost-effective plans
Image Source: Typeform
Typeform is another Zoho Survey alternative using which you can create innovative and conversational surveys. You just need to sign up using your email address to access a free plan.
Key features of Typeform are:
- Make use of versatile forms, quizzes, surveys, and tests templates.
- Access custom built-in templates using a video library.
- Create conversational surveys to increase your survey response rates.
- Integrate your surveys to google sheets, MailChimp, and so on.
Typeform pricing comes in the form of 4 plans:
- Basic free plan
- Essentials plan starts at $35/month
- Professional plan starts at $35/month when you are paying for a year
- Premium plan starts at $70/month
Bonus Read: Typeform Alternatives
Why We Picked It, What is unique about Typeform?
- Simple and easy to use user interface
- Easy cloud integration
- Flexible conditional logic option
9. Zonka Feedback
Image Source: Zonka Feedback
Zonka Feedback is another Zoho Survey alternative designed to create interactive surveys to obtain real-time user feedback. You can easily share surveys with your respondents via email, in-app, on the website, SMS, and even in offline mode.
Key features of Zonka Feedback are:
- NPS, CES, CSAT Surveys.
- Customizable inbuilt survey templates and 40+ question types.
- Seamless integrations with Zendesk, Hubspot, Salesforce, and more.
- View all feedback and responses in a “Unified Response Inbox.”
- Obtain real-time insight into data with in-depth reporting and analytics.
- Essential plan $24/month
- Starter plan $44/month
- Professional $79/month
- Growth $169/month
- Enterprise $429/month
- Custom plans
Why We Picked It, What is unique about Zonka Feedback?
- Easily obtain 360-degree user-feedback
- Conditional logic
- Obtain automated reports to your inbox
- Customized survey URL
Image Source: Doodle
Doodle is a popular tool used by businesses to schedule meetings with teams, colleagues, clients, and more. The simple user interface helps you set up a meeting in minutes.
Key features of Doodle are:
- Easily send out proposed meeting time with the collaboration feature.
- Effortlessly integrate with Google Calendar and Outlook to track your meetings.
- Auto-identification of meeting participant’s time zone.
- Set auto reminders to easily follow up with your meeting participants.
- 14 day free trial available
- Pro plan starts at $6.95/month (billed annually)
- Team plan starts at $44.75/month (billed annually)
- Enterprise plan available at custom pricing.
Why We Picked It, What is unique about Doodle?
- Simple and easy to use UI
- Easy to integrate with Google Calendar and Outlook
- Affordable plans
Additional Resources For You:
Comparison of Best Zoho Survey Alternatives
|Features||ProProfs Survey Maker||Qualaroo||SurveyMonkey||Alchemer||Qualtrics||SurveyNuts||SurveyLegend||Typeform||SurveySparrow||Doodle|
|Pricing||Essential Plan starts at $0.05/response/month||Essential Plan starts at $0.0008/page view/month||Standard Plan starts at Rs. 899/month||Collaborator Plan starts at $49/month||Core XM Standard Plan starts at $30/month||Basic Plan starts at $17/month||Pro Plan starts at $15/month||Essential Plan starts at $35/month||Basic Plan starts at $19/month||Pro Plan starts at $6.95/month|
|Designed For||Personal use and Business use||Personal use and Business use||Personal use and Business use||Personal use and Business use||Personal use and Business use||Personal use and Business use||Personal use and Business use||Personal use and Business use||Personal use and Business use||Personal use and Business use|
|Installation and IT Support||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Get responses via web, social, or email||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Track email responses||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Mobile apps for iOS and Android||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Number of question types||20||10||13||42||23||15||21||Variable||Variable||Variable|
|Survey export options||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Custom charts and reports||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
Shortlist Your Best Zoho Survey Alternative!
Zoho Survey helps you create engaging and interactive surveys in minutes. You can easily edit the versatile survey templates like event surveys, product surveys, demographic surveys, to know the feedback of your target audience.
But, limitations like less free trial time, lack of customization options, no feature to create pop-up surveys, and so on requires you to look for a Zoho Survey alternative. Go for an alternative tool that has a longer free trial with more premium features. With this, you get to know all the features in detail before going for the paid plan.
Make sure that the Zoho Survey alternative has flexible customization options, add your own logos, images, videos, colour, font, and more. This brings a personalized look to your survey. Also, watch out for different survey sharing options like website popups. It ensures that you don’t lose out on the feedback of your online website visitors.
Looking for the best Zoho Survey alternative for your business? Get started with ProProfs Survey Maker and access more than 100 000+ customizable survey templates.
FAQs about Zoho Survey
Who are the top Zoho Survey competitors?
Top Zoho Survey competitors are ProProfs Survey Maker, Qualaroo, SurveyMonkey, Qualatrics, and so on.
What is Zoho Survey customer distribution based on company size?
Majority of Zoho Survey customers belong to small companies (>60%).
What is Zoho Survey market share in the online-survey?
Zoho Survey has a market share of 0.63% in the online survey market.
What are the top industries that use Zoho Survey?
Top industries that use Zoho Survey are information technology, software, SaaS, real estate, and more.
What are the top countries that use Zoho Survey?
Top countries that use Zoho Survey are the US and UK.
Do you want a free Survey Software?
We have the #1 Online Survey Maker Software to get actionable user insights.